The LAK Series catapults absolute measuring into a new dimension. The fusion of incremental and absolute technology in combination with the EPIFLEX sensor module provide this encoder its outstanding features.
- Linear absolute encoder with ultra small dimensions
- High resolution up to 78 nm (w/o additional electronics)
- High traversing speed up to 10 m/s
- Very low weight of the scanning head
- Automatic signal adjustment after mounting possible with a high number of analysis options via ABSOFLEX software
- Two absolute tracks and two incremental sensors ensure high contamination immunity
- Special Kit version available
The SINGLEFLEX-scale tape consists of a single stainless steel tape with an applied incremental track and one or more reference marks or a PRC code. The scale tape is equipped with a double-sided adhesive tape and can be mounted easily on the machine element.
The DOUBLEFLEX-scale tape consists of two superimposed stainless steel tapes. Both of them are divided by a tension uncoupled sheen of oil which ensures the adhesion between the steel tapes. The incremental track and one or more reference marks or a PRC code are applied on the upper steel tape. The lower steel tape is equipped with a double-sided adhesive tape and can be mounted easily on the machine element.
The two steel tapes are uncoupled mechanically. This ensures that the upper steel tape can expand independently of the lower steel tape due to thermal variations of the ambient temperature. By reference of the ambient temperature and the expansion coefficient of the steel tape it is possible to determine occurring length deviation of the increments. This allows you to substract out the deviation of the measurement results.
For applications with special environmental conditions (e.g. magnetic fields, heat sources, vacuum, etc.) or for special demands on the dimensions we also offer scales made of glass.